Link Lovin’ August 5, 2016
What’s Shakin? Greetings from sunny L.A! Have you heard of “Palpreet Singh”? Make sure to put him on your radar. I had the extreme fortune of hanging out behind the scenes during the filming of his journey from India to the NBA. As promised, we kicked off Houston Restaurant Week(s) with a bang at Union Kitchen. And it was DE-LIC-IOUS! Jason Bourne, Matt Damon and the Sundance Cinema didn’t disappoint. Did you know you can order wine by the bottle at the Sundance Cinemas? HOLY MOLY! #gamechanger. Oh, and I packed 5 days of clothes with multiple wardrobe changes into 1 carry-on suitcase. #BOOM *pats myself on the back*
What’s New? All the fun begins tomorrow extra bright and early for BlogHer2016. Despite the early call time, I couldn’t be more excited for my 1st bloggers convention. All the dets shall be revealed next week. Stay tuned…
Links of the Week:
- YES!!! From Aug. 5-21, 2016, the 2016 Summer Olympics Games in Rio kicks off today with the official opening ceremony. Need a schedule? Gotcha covered 🙂 What are the must see events you are most excited to watch???
- Graffiti = Art? Native Houstonian and super-dupa genius creator of Aerosol Warfare, Mario Enrique Figueroa has successfully found a way to turn Houston’s plentiful inventory of blank cement walls into his (commissionable) canvas’. The new Rice Village mural is the latest Houston neighborhood to be blessed by Figueroa and is soon to join the iconic status of his Houston Is… mural located in Downtown Houston.
- Is it time to renew my passport again? Where did (10 years) go? You only get 1 chance every 10 years to shine in your passport picture and I dropped the ball of that one. Oh, The Pressure! Are you up-to-date on the new passport regulations?
- Happy Birthday Frances! In 1941, the average life expectancy for someone with Down Syndrome was mid 20’s. At 75 years old, a bout with breast cancer and victory over tuberculosis, Frances Gillett has continued to defy the odds possibly being the worlds oldest woman with Down Syndrome.
- Scary or Amazing? Google rolls out their new holla back feature.